The Environmental Resilience Institute supports transdisciplinary research and training at the intersection of environmental change and human well-being by connecting faculty, students, and citizens together to foster a more resilient and sustainable future for the global common good.
Jonah Fogel, Program Manager
The intern will assist ERI with its public communications and marketing. Specifically, the candidate will learn about research development, information systems, social and digital media strategy, and gain experience with strategic communications.
This internship will prepare interns for careers in any of the following:
- Communication, Outreach, and Publishing
This internship will provide experiences to develop and polish the following skills:
- Communication to diverse audiences
- Data literacy and fluency
- Project management and leadership
Duties will include but are not limited to developing a communications and marketing strategy document, using tools and processes to enhance Eri's outreach and translation, conducting digital media campaigns, and reporting strategy efficacy.
The intern will be mentored by ERI's Program Manager in the translation of ERI's programs and outcomes to the UVA community as well as external partners including UVA friends and alumni, community stakeholder groups, government agencies, non-governmental organizations and businesses.
Interns interested in this position may have some of the following qualities:
- Science communication experience;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Experience with digital media management including social media products;
- Data visualization and data literacy.
- Experience with Canva, Drupal, Twitter, LinkedIn, and CRM data are preferred.
DURATION AND EFFORT
The internship could begin as early as Summer 2022 and continue into the Fall 2022 semester.
PhD+ interns will be paid bi-weekly wages up to $5000 per semester ($25 per hour for 200 hours per semester).