The PhD+ Career Design series for postdocs aims to help participants engage in self-and career exploration. In this series, you'll identify your core values and interests, explore diverse careers pathways, and learn to leverage professional development strategies to find a career path that fits your need and start building your career path.
This spring series will be comprised of five sessions every Thursday from 9-10am
- Self-assessment (interests and values) - Jan 25
- Exploration of Career Tracks for PhDs – Feb 1
- Transferable skills and skill gaps – Feb 8
- Dissecting the job search – Feb 15
- Building an action plan – Feb 22
This is a great opportunity for junior postdocs to explore career pathways and network with fellow postdocs in other departments. Postdocs registered for the class will be expected to complete assignments prior to each session and attend at least 4 out of 5 sessions. In person attendance is highly encourage, virtual option accommodations can be made available on a case-by-case.