Business in Society: Adding Value with your PhD
The pilot of PhD Plus Business in Society: Adding Value with your PhD skills series was offered in Spring 2021. This series developed with and offered by faculty at the Darden School of Business, will give you an introduction to the language of business (applicable to all organizations) and how to navigate this environment. This series is best suited for PhD students in middle and advanced years of training and all postdoctoral scholars (collectively called trainees).
Spring 2022: Topics and Schedule
This series is scheduled to be offered in-person in Spring 2022, on Tuesdays at 3.30 pm- 5 pm EST between February 1 and April 19. Participation in this series will involve prior reading of case studies and book chapters, watching videos and online assessment. The total effort for completion of series over the Spring semester is 20-25 hours. Upon successful completion, PhD students will receive non-credit credentials on their academic transcript (PhDP 9440).
- Purpose of business | February 1| Instructor: R. Edward Freeman
- Bringing values to work: ethics of business | February 8 | Instructor: R. Edward Freeman
- Thinking Strategically & leveraging capabilities | February 22 | Instructor: Michael J. Lenox
- Accounting and Transaction Analysis | March 1 | Instructor: Paul Simko
- Leading yourself and teams | March 22 | Instructor: Roshni Raveendhran
- Negotiation in organizations | March 29 | Instructor: Roshni Raveendhran
- Turning complex career path into a compelling narrative | April 5 | Instructor: Brian Moriarty
- Navigating organizational politics | April 12 | Instructor: Brian Moriarty
- Linking Strategy and the Financial Statements | April 19 | Instructor: Paul Simko
- Pulling it all together | April 26 | Instructor: Michael J. Lenox
As this is a popular series, we are accepting applications for participation. Priority will be given to those students in middle and advanced year who can commit to completing series.
Apply Here by January 22 to attend