This is the sixth session of the PhD+ Spring 2021 Foundations series. 'Working long hours, yet not having enough time in a day to finish work' may lead to burnout and decline in mental health and wellbeing.
In this session, PhD students and Postdocs will learn about
- applying infinite mindset to research life
- strategies to set specific and realistic goals,
- leveraging strengths to manage time, and organize and prioritize activities
- curbing distractions and procrastination
- designing individualized plans to manage time, in order to accomplish professional goals and personal aspirations.
Sonali Majumdar, PhD - Associate Director of Graduate Professional Development. Sonali leads the development and implementation of PhD Plus. Prior to joining UVA, Sonali earned her PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia and did postdoctoral training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, where she developed a passion for enhancing career-related training for graduate students and postdocs.
Please register to receive a Zoom link.
- The Infinite Game, Simon Sinek
- The 7 habits of highly effective people, Stephen Covey
- Time Management Is About More Thank Life Hacks, Erich C. Dierdorff, Harvard Business Review
- Graduate Students Need to Think Differently About Time, James M. Van Wyck, Inside Higher Ed Carpe Careers