This is the fourth session of the PhD+ Spring 2021 Foundations series. PhD students and Postdocs are essentially managers of your research projects. Therefore, learn and integrate project management principles in your work for efficiency and agility. Take ownership of your graduate experience to control the sense of powerlessness.
In this session, PhD students and Postdocs will learn about
Basic principles and language used in project management
- Analogy with research design
- Strategies, assumptions and risk of project development
- Frameworks to design, plan and organize projects
Sonali Majumdar, PhD - Associate Director of Graduate Professional Development. Sonali leads the development and implementation of PhD Plus. Prior to joining UVA, Sonali earned her PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia and did postdoctoral training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, where she developed a passion for enhancing career-related training for graduate students and postdocs.
Please register to receive a Zoom link.
- Payne JM, France KE, Henley N, et al. Researchers' experience with project management in health and medical research: results from a post-project review. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:424. Published 2011 Jun 2. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-11-424
- Using Google Drive, Mendeley, Evernote, and Trello to manage a remote collaborative research project, Robert Talbert, PhD