PhD Plus Career Design core module affords student-centered learning of post-PhD diverse careers and strategies for career development. This series is best suited for PhD students in year 2 and above, and Postdoctoral Scholars at all stages of training, collectively called “trainees”.
Through Career Design, trainees will learn strategies to
1. Research the world of post-PhD work in alignment with their values, skills and interests
2. Build community of peers, mentors, allies and advocates for career research and informing career development goals
3. Learn about valuable skills and experiences for diverse careers
4. Develop a SMART goal for strategic professional development to prepare for top career/s of interest within a realistic timeline
5. Learn about strategies to participate in PhD Plus core modules to research careers, build professional community, and develop skills and experiences
A student-centered engagement strategy for career education and professional development applicable to all PhD Plus career training core modules. For details, please refer to program philosophy, click on Career Design: skills menu lik and attend PhD Plus Career Design.
Recommended Prior Training
For optimal learning experience and outcomes, we recommend participation in PhD Plus Foundations series prior to this module